cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bridging on 2621's and remote managemnet

jristo
Level 1
Level 1

We have the following scenario: two 2621 routers at the end of a point-to-point serial line. The routers have the integrated CSU/DSU module connecting to the WAN, and the fast ethernet port on the LAN. The FE ports both have IP addresses in the segment, 10.11.1.1 and 10.11.1.2. Both routers are set up for bridging, with nothing else configured (no access lists etc)

We wish to remote manage these devices and have found the following situation. When we telnet to the box from the local segment (a pc attached to the switch to where the router is plugged in) the router responds to the telnet request. When we try telnet across the serials to the same Ip address, it doesn't respond.

This is the same on both ends. Data traffic is passing fine through the devices but we cannot telnet remotely to the boxes.

Anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

r-godden
Level 1
Level 1

As you have IP routing disabled , then you each router should have the same IP address on the lan and the wan interface.

Regards

We have an IP address assigned to each ethernet port as mentioned above, and the serials we have currently set as no ip address I beleive.

From your comment, are you saying we should place

IP Unnumbered fast0/0

on each of the serial ports? Your answer isn't clear to me.

on router 1 , serial 10.11.1.1 and on fastethernet 10.11.1.1

on router 2 serial 10.11.1.2 and on fastethenet 10.11.1.2

I trust this helps

Regards