cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bridging two FastEthernet

d.bigerstaff
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 2811 router with Software Version 12.3(11)T10 / CME 3.2 and i'm looking to make a bridge between fa0/1 and fa0/0. I've been looking into the bridge-group commands in the online documents and havent managed to figure it out yet.

If anyone could give me a quick push in the right direction i'd much appreciate it.

thanks.

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

jackyoung
Level 6
Level 6

Check below for the bridge configuration. However, please beware that if you enable IP routing, the IP traffic will not be bridged.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1818/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a0080087907.html

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

desai.jaideep
Level 5
Level 5

Hi

Give following commands for transparent bridging.

no ip routing

bridge-group 10 protocol ieee

int f0/0

bridge-group 10

int f0/1

bridge-group 10

Hope taht helps.

Pls rate helpful posts.

Regards

JD

mnagel
Level 1
Level 1

The solutions so far have been to disable routing, but you can bridge the interfaces and still route. The method is:

bridge irb

bridge 1 ieee

bridge 1 route ip

int fa0/0

no ip address

bridge-group 1

int fa0/1

no ip address

bridge-group 1

int bvi1

ip address x.x.x.x m.m.m.m

This will place both physical interfaces into the bridge and the router will have the address and mask defined in bvi1 on that bridge.

Hope that helps...

Mark

4 Replies 4

jackyoung
Level 6
Level 6

Check below for the bridge configuration. However, please beware that if you enable IP routing, the IP traffic will not be bridged.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1818/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a0080087907.html

Hope this helps.

desai.jaideep
Level 5
Level 5

Hi

Give following commands for transparent bridging.

no ip routing

bridge-group 10 protocol ieee

int f0/0

bridge-group 10

int f0/1

bridge-group 10

Hope taht helps.

Pls rate helpful posts.

Regards

JD

mnagel
Level 1
Level 1

The solutions so far have been to disable routing, but you can bridge the interfaces and still route. The method is:

bridge irb

bridge 1 ieee

bridge 1 route ip

int fa0/0

no ip address

bridge-group 1

int fa0/1

no ip address

bridge-group 1

int bvi1

ip address x.x.x.x m.m.m.m

This will place both physical interfaces into the bridge and the router will have the address and mask defined in bvi1 on that bridge.

Hope that helps...

Mark

Thanks for your help guys.

I'll be checking out your solution next Mark.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: