cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Broadcast traffic not passing within vlan on 6509

paul.mclaren
Level 1
Level 1

I have a medical device (limited config/testing access at OS level) which connects to the network through DHCP. The device communicates with a PC on the network that collates data sent from the medical device. Data is sent as a broadcast to the PC from the medical device as udp on 239.255.0.0 (as seen by a packet capture)

When connected to a Cisco 2950 switch it works fine, when connected to a port a new 6509 we have recieved no broadcast traffic is recieved by the PC. Both ports are in the same VLAN on the 6509. ICMP connectivity between the two devices is successful.

The 6509 has some config on it but I am unsure if this is a config issue or some other "subtle" difference between the 2950 IOS and the 6509 IOS?

Anyone help with this?

Regards

Paul

2 Replies 2

chrihussey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

IGMP snooping may be enabled by default on the 6509. Disabling it may solve your problem.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat6000/122sx/swcg/snooigmp.htm#wp1020466

Thanks for the pointer, I will try this tomorrow and let you know how I get on.

Regards

Paul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: