Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

C2600 with ADSL WIC sample config?

Hi!

Been browsing through the forum and also Cisco TAC for a sample configuration. I need to accomplish an Internet connection via ISP with ADSL. The information from ISP are as follows:

RFC 1483 Bridge, VPI=0, VCI=33

ADSL Modem ANSI T1.413

Encapsulation LLC Bridge

Dynamic IP address assigned from ISP

I have played around with some configs and I can get the ADSL WIC to recognize the carrier on line (led "CD" lights up).

Do you have a sample config how to get this thing "online" so that it also gets the IP address from ISP. I am going to NAT to this IP so that my inside network can get to Internet.

• Other Network Infrastructure Subjects
2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: C2600 with ADSL WIC sample config?

Its always a difficult to get the exact information from isp about the config of the dsl line..So we have to try several config before we can find th exact match.

Now looking on the information that you have, i think config at following location will be the nearest match with ip address config change

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/794/wicadsl_rfc_irb_nat_1.html

Now use following command

ip address dhcp

under the interface BVI in place of ip address. Good Luck

Re: C2600 with ADSL WIC sample config?

I managed to get this working last night!

Thanks for the info anyway! Those TAC examples were the ones I was browsing through also and when I figured out "whats going on here", I managed to pull up a config that works now.

Indeed, I put the BVI1 interface to acquire the IP address. I also entered the bridging configs in place to put up that bridged connection.

I think I will go for this solution:

Ethernet0/0: Bridged "pure" Internet, where I can get via DHCP real leased routable IP addresses

Ethernet0/1: Private network (192.168.x.x) interface. Behind this is my inside network, going to Internet with NAT

BVI1: used for NATting the private network.

Now I still need to figure out the QoS configs for ADSL....

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.