Replies

C2948G CFG_CHG block changed by SecurityRX

matthias.menke
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Forum,

we have a WS-X2948G-GE-TX that sends the following syslog perpetually:

%SYS-6-CFG_CHG:Module 2 block changed by SecurityRx//

What is the SecurityRX and what causes this "configuration change" I don´t notice? A search was fruitless and the output interpreter wasn´t usefull as well.

Thank you in advance,

Matthias Menke

2 Replies 2

lgijssel
Level 9
Level 9

Hello Matthias

You may have tried this for yourself but I did a search with the error interpreter using only the text up to and including the colon "%SYS-6-CFG_CHG:"

This is what I got back:

1. %SYS-6-CFG_CHG: [chars]

This message indicates that the configuration block has been modified. The message also provides the user name of the person who modified the configuration when the user name is authenticated.

Recommended Action: No action is necessary. This message is provided for information only.

Related documents- No specific documents apply to this error message.

At least you now know that you should not worry too much about this error message.

Regards,

Leo

Dear Leo,

thank you for your reply. I found the same info at the error interpreter, but it wasn´t useful at all.

The config isn´t really changed (or it´s not visible). Neither by an user nor by anything else, but the syslog states it is changed by an object called "SecurityRX".

I receive this syslog very frequent, so I tried to find out, what´s wrong, but I didn´t find any information regarding this SecurityRX.

The only thing I know is, that it is a process, I can see in a "show proc cpu" output.

What causes the configuration to change and why? What´s the purpose of this ominous SecurityRX?

Thanks a lot, Matthias