Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

C2950 switch go hanged!

My new 2950 switch hanged when in work after ~30 minutes! I think that the problem is about it's CPU cooling, how can I check cpu current temprature and compair it with normal range?

thank you.

5 REPLIES
Green

Re: C2950 switch go hanged!

Try a "show environment" - I don't have a 2950 to try it on, but I think it'll work.

Good Luck

Scott

Hello,

in addition to Scott's post, check if the following bug might apply to your 2950:

CSCdv83336 Bug Details

Under certain level of traffic load, the (2950) switch will start logging the following messages on the console:

SCHAN ERROR INTR: SRC=6 DST=5 OPCODE=20 ERRCODE=5

and after a few seconds, the switch will stop passing any traffic. In some cases, the switch seemed still forwarding broadcast and multicast traffic, which will cause STP problem if the switch has redundant link and is not supposed to be the root for the VLAN, as both port will go forwarding.

The same error message has been identified in CSCdu87836.

An assessment of the impact

Unit stops passing any traffic.

WORKAROUND

Several units were returned by CISCO. The units were re-screened to the latest test program, and failed the SDRAM memory test.

Customer should RMA unit back to Cisco.

Regards,

GNT

I have watched this post, as it may be relevant to an issue that I have (see "bizarre flooding issue")... I would like to see the temperature of my switches, but there is no "show environment" (at least on my platform), only "show env" which gives no info about temps. I have even tried to poll the CISCOENVMON oids for temperature, but get nothing back...

How do I find out the temperature of the device??????

Hello,

the 'show environment' command is apparently not available for the 2950 switch. You might want to try the 'alarm facility temperature' command and set a threshold, which, if exceeded, sends a trap to your syslog server. This is somewhat cumbersome, but if you suspect e.g. that your chassis temperature exceeds let's say 60 degrees, you could set the alarm to that value and check if alerts are generated...

Check the link below for details:

Configuring the Switch Temperature Alarms

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps628/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00801cde57.html#1035563

HTH,

GNT

I found this info yesterday while I was trying everything to find out the temperature... Apparently the "alarm facility" command is only for 2955 and does not work on a 2950. :-\

Another suggestion...?

Views
Helpful
Replies