cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C2960: ingress priority-queue and CoS/DSCP mapping

sulander
Level 1
Level 1

I have read the C2960 manuals for a few times, but I don't seem to find an answer.

You can enable the priority queue on the ingress interface which has two available input queues for QoS-services.

What seems to be missing from the manuals is that how can I map/direct the traffic (CoS & DSCP values) to the priority queue?

I can map traffic to two other WRR (SRR) queues with command: "mls qos srr-queue input cos-map queue queue-id threshold threshold-id cos1...cos8", but there is nothing about the priority queue.

So is the CoS/DSCP values for the priority queue fixed or how/what traffic is directed to it?

Thanks,

Miska

1 Reply 1

Roberto Salazar
Level 8
Level 8

What seems to be missing from the manuals is that how can I map/direct the traffic (CoS & DSCP values) to the priority queue?

A: By default, the priority queue is queue 2, and 10 percent of the bandwidth is allocated to it.

?For queue-id, the range is 1 to 2.

Map DSCP or CoS values to an ingress queue and to a threshold ID.

By default, DSCP values 0-39 and 48-63 are mapped to queue 1 and threshold 1. DSCP values 40-47 are mapped to queue 2 and threshold 1.

By default, CoS values 0-4, 6, and 7 are mapped to queue 1 and threshold 1. CoS value 5 is mapped to queue 2 and threshold 1.

?For queue-id, the range is 1 to 2.

?For threshold-id, the range is 1 to 3. The drop-threshold percentage for threshold 3 is predefined. It is set to the queue-full state.

?For dscp1...dscp8, enter up to eight values, and separate each value with a space. The range is 0 to 63.

?For cos1...cos8, enter up to eight values, and separate each value with a space. The range is 0 to 7.

What above is saying is queue 2 is priority queue, you can use the CoS/DSCP mapping to queue to move certain CoS?DSCP to either queue 1 or queue 2.

I can map traffic to two other WRR (SRR) queues with command: "mls qos srr-queue input cos-map queue queue-id threshold threshold-id cos1...cos8", but there is nothing about the priority queue.

So is the CoS/DSCP values for the priority queue fixed or how/what traffic is directed to it?

A; See above.

For more info:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat2960/12225see/scg/swqos.htm#wp1161845

Please rate all posts.