Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

C2960: ingress priority-queue and CoS/DSCP mapping

I have read the C2960 manuals for a few times, but I don't seem to find an answer.

You can enable the priority queue on the ingress interface which has two available input queues for QoS-services.

What seems to be missing from the manuals is that how can I map/direct the traffic (CoS & DSCP values) to the priority queue?

I can map traffic to two other WRR (SRR) queues with command: "mls qos srr-queue input cos-map queue queue-id threshold threshold-id cos1...cos8", but there is nothing about the priority queue.

So is the CoS/DSCP values for the priority queue fixed or how/what traffic is directed to it?

Thanks,

Miska

1 REPLY

Re: C2960: ingress priority-queue and CoS/DSCP mapping

What seems to be missing from the manuals is that how can I map/direct the traffic (CoS & DSCP values) to the priority queue?

A: By default, the priority queue is queue 2, and 10 percent of the bandwidth is allocated to it.

?For queue-id, the range is 1 to 2.

Map DSCP or CoS values to an ingress queue and to a threshold ID.

By default, DSCP values 0-39 and 48-63 are mapped to queue 1 and threshold 1. DSCP values 40-47 are mapped to queue 2 and threshold 1.

By default, CoS values 0-4, 6, and 7 are mapped to queue 1 and threshold 1. CoS value 5 is mapped to queue 2 and threshold 1.

?For queue-id, the range is 1 to 2.

?For threshold-id, the range is 1 to 3. The drop-threshold percentage for threshold 3 is predefined. It is set to the queue-full state.

?For dscp1...dscp8, enter up to eight values, and separate each value with a space. The range is 0 to 63.

?For cos1...cos8, enter up to eight values, and separate each value with a space. The range is 0 to 7.

What above is saying is queue 2 is priority queue, you can use the CoS/DSCP mapping to queue to move certain CoS?DSCP to either queue 1 or queue 2.

I can map traffic to two other WRR (SRR) queues with command: "mls qos srr-queue input cos-map queue queue-id threshold threshold-id cos1...cos8", but there is nothing about the priority queue.

So is the CoS/DSCP values for the priority queue fixed or how/what traffic is directed to it?

A; See above.

For more info:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat2960/12225see/scg/swqos.htm#wp1161845

Please rate all posts.

Views
Helpful
Replies