Views
Helpful
Replies

c3750 Unable to ssh after few days!

almufti.khalid
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

If anyone could help me please, I'm having a problem with my switch, it seems that I'm losing the ablity to ssh to the switch after few days but if I reload it I can ssh into it again with no problem! At first I thought it was something wrong with my configuration so I've reconfugred the ssh, username, domain name and cleaned the rsa keys and regenrated new new ones.

My switch version is:

Cisco IOS Software, C3750E Software (C3750E-UNIVERSALK9NPE-M), Version 15.0(1)SE3, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I'm having a problem with my switch, it seems that I'm losing the ablity to ssh to the switch after few days but if I reload it I can ssh into it again with no problem!

Let me guess, you are getting "%Low memory" or something when you try to SSH or console?

It's a memory leak and typical of the 15.0(1)SE train.  Try either 12.2(55)SE8 or 15.0(2)SE4.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

When this happens, can you use a console cable to view the log file to see what (if any) error messages appear in the log? 

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I'm having a problem with my switch, it seems that I'm losing the ablity to ssh to the switch after few days but if I reload it I can ssh into it again with no problem!

Let me guess, you are getting "%Low memory" or something when you try to SSH or console?

It's a memory leak and typical of the 15.0(1)SE train.  Try either 12.2(55)SE8 or 15.0(2)SE4.

almufti.khalid
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you guys for the reply,

This is what I get when I try to ssh:

ssh khalid@192.168.101.18

khalid@192.168.101.18's password:

Permission denied, please try again.

And Leo Laohoo, you guessed it right! it's look like a memory leaks, this is the output for "sh log":

*Mar  5 17:19:57.579: %AAA-3-ACCT_LOW_MEM_UID_FAIL: AAA unable to create UID for incoming calls due to insufficient processor memory

*Mar  5 17:19:58.385: %AAA-3-ACCT_LOW_MEM_UID_FAIL: AAA unable to create UID for incoming calls due to insufficient processor memory

*Mar  5 17:19:59.005: %AAA-3-ACCT_LOW_MEM_UID_FAIL: AAA unable to create UID for incoming calls due to insufficient processor memory

*Mar  6 23:22:38.979: %PARSER-5-CFGLOG_LOGGEDCMD: User:console  logged command:!exec: enable

cs08#

Do you guys think of any work around other than down/upgrade the software? cuase the biggest issue now is, it's one of 9 switches that all run the same ISO version and all of them are on new production data center, and honestly I've had other weird issue with other switches too!

It looks like Leo got it exactly right about a memory leak. The only real solution for a memory leak is to change the version of code. The chances of identifying what triggers the leak and trying to avoid that are not likely to be successful.

The only work around that I am aware of is to be proactive and schedule periodic reload of the switches. And ultimately that will be more painful than upgrading (or downgrading) code.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Luckily the data center has been designed as two sides active and standby, so I've started upgrading the switches on the standby side to version 15.0(2)SE4, I'm just hoping this firmware upgrade will solve the issue... fingers crossed

Thank you, guys for the reply.

Keep us updated.