Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

C7200-I/O-GE/E on NPE-300

I do have a C7200VXR chassis with an NPE300 and wanted to replace the C7200-I/O-FE controller with an C7200-I/O-GE/E. According to the Cisco specs this should be an supported combination. I am running a 12.0.21S8 boot image. However after the first boot line I do not get response anymore from the console port. Also no warning, error messages etc. Does anybody has experience with this combination and this problem ?

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: C7200-I/O-GE/E on NPE-300

the NPE-G1 will be installed in a router with either an C7200-I/O-GE/E or C7200-I/O-2FE/E I/O controller, copy your running configuration to a Flash Disk, not a PC card. PC cards are not supported on these I/O controllers when an NPE-G1 is present. If you copy the running configuration to a PC card with these I/O controllers present, you will not be able to retrieve the running configuration after the NPE-G1 is installed.The console and auxiliary ports on the NPE-G1 are disabled by Cisco IOS when an I/O controller is present; the console and auxiliary ports on the I/O controller are active

Views
Helpful
Replies