cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Calculate bandwidth by means of the SNMP

edwin.zuniga
Level 1
Level 1

I need to calculate bandwidth used in an interface WAN, by means of protocol SNMP. The formula that Cisco recommends to use is max(deltaifInOctets, deltaifOutOctets) x 8 xs 100 / (to number of seconds in delta) xs ifSpeed. But I do not understand formula. Somebody has examples of like compiling the data for the formula.

Thanks

5 Replies 5

wanab
Level 1
Level 1

You can customize HP NNM 6.1 to use SNMP to collect percentage utilization for the particular WAN interfaces or you can modify the file in /openview/conf/mibexpr.conf to create the formula you want to collect the utilization you needed.

You can refer to the default formula for percentage utilization and modify it.

Good luck.

Thanks for the information.

But we do not have HP NNM 6,1, which we have is the WhatsUp Gold. With this software we captured the data of the accountants by means of protocol SNMP, reason why a little becomes more dificil. Software generates a table to me with the data of IfInOctects and IfOutOctects each 5

second and the speed of the 1024 connection is of Kbps in Frame Relay. As I can with these calculated datas bandwidth used in the time.

Thanks and excuse the annoyances.

with mrtg you can constantly monitor the bandwith utillization for the interfaces in your cisco device.

ramesh.krishnan
Level 1
Level 1

MRTG would be the best tool that all recommend for your purpose. Its free !!!...try it out

Ramesh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: