Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Callback Terminal Connection causes scrambled output

Hello!

I am searching a solution for securely connecting to a 1710 Router via analog modem, using the router's aux-port. Dialing in works fine using Hyper Terminal under Windows. For Security Reasons there must be a callback to a pre-specified number. Callback by itself also works until the "User Access Verification". Then, "Username:" is prompted but pieces of previous text are filled in without the chance to interrupt that. Well, user authentication failes three times and the connection is aborted.

When I disable re-authentication after callback, the command line is filled up with previous text fragments and working is impossible.

Output looks like this:

router>router>router>

The fact that a single (non-callback) connection works fine indicates correctness of modem-settings - doesn't it? Debugging also looks good.

Is it a Hyperterminal Problem? Could I use another Tool?

2 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: Callback Terminal Connection causes scrambled output

May be you have to tyry some other terminal software like Tera Term instead of Hyper terminal which might help in your case.

Re: Callback Terminal Connection causes scrambled output

Thanks for your suggestion, but I can't dial via modem with Tera Term, can I?

With Hyper Terminal I dial to the router and authenticate. Then the router hangs up and calls back. I have to make Hyper Terminal wait for incoming calls, it accepts the call and then messes input with output.

How can I use Tera Term for that? It seems only to work with TCP/IP or serial sessions. Do you know other tools?

Views
Helpful
Replies