Views
Helpful
Replies

CAMPUS & DFM issues

maretha
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have installed LMS/RWAN at a customer site and I am experiencing two problems:

1. In Campus manager 3.3, the ANI database is not discovering some devices (these devices are in DFM/RME and HPOV) 4 of these devices are 4000/4500 devices with different revisions of 11.2 code and one is a 7010 router also with 11.2 code. I should note however that in the same network there are devices 4000/4500/7010 routers that are being discovered, these also have 11.2 code, but different revisions.

I added the undiscovered devices into RME manually. When synchronizing the essentials db to the ani, these devices are still not added to the ani?

2. In DFM 1.2 updated…, I am receiving a continuous authentication failure alarm for all the 2948 and 5505 switches. When investigating I find that it is not an issue with the SNMP configuration, as I have re-entered these carefully more than once and once again no problems with other applications.

Does any one have any ideas, I am suspecting that IOS and CatOS versions could be causing the problems, but could not find anything concrete.

Thanks

1 Reply 1

grayd
Level 1
Level 1

1. The synchronization between ani and RME will not add devices to the ani server. In order for ani to know about a device, it has to discover it. Try adding the devices in question as seed devices for your discovery. You may also want to look up the Device Support list for Campus Manager to make sure the devices are supported.

2. The authentication alarm may be a SNMP trap being sent from your devices. Most likely you have some sort of Network Management station polling the devices with the wrong community string. This will generate a Authentication Failure trap which the device will send to DFM (assuming DFM is a trap receiver). You are going to have to read the SNMP trap to figure out which IP caused the authentication failure. You can then track down that server and configure it properly.