cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Campus Manager process

srego4
Level 2
Level 2

Can anyone tell me (or point out a cisco url) that mentions which process belongs to which module ? My reason being, I have CM installed along with RME,DFM etc and I want to stop CM but not to uninstall. So I want to just stop all the processes associated with it. Any help on identifying which process belongs to which module will be helpful.

Thanks

5 Replies 5

minie
Level 4
Level 4

What you are looking for is not documented. For CM, it's easy. You just have to stop ANIServer process. This will disable ani and ut discovery. For RME, there are many processes involved and a bit more complicated.

Ming

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

The name of the process itself is one indication to the corresponding application. If you click on the Process Name in Process Status table in CW2K, it will give you the path to the process, it's dependencies etc. The on-line help withing CW2K have the details for the processes. Will need to do a search on it.

Thanks for the replies. Still have a question though.

I have CW2000 on two servers . A > CDone,CM,DFM,RME,ACLM

B>CDone,CM

I did check on cisco that rmeOrb and rmegatekeeper have something to do with RME syslog analyser. However I also notice these two process' running on my machine B which has only CM installed (+cdone). Are these added by default with cdone?

RmeOrb is a system service that is the object request broker (ORB) part of CORBA. It starts up automatically at boot and does not have any dependencies. It's path is CSCOpx\lib\broker\bin\osagent. That is why you're seeing this with CM+CD-One installed.

RmeGatekeeper depends on RmeOrb. Therefore it also show up with CM+CD-One installed. This also starts automatically at boot. It's path is CSCOpx\bin\cwjava.

Thanks