cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Campus Manager Seeds from a file?

s.coyle
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way of importing CM seeds by the use of a file?

I have approx 800 seperate sites with a total of up to 6000 devices, but no CDP running across the backbone (or between some sites), so need to enter all the site seeds.

Any ideas on automating this, or do I have to get RSI typing them in and right clicking to 'add' ?

Thanks in advance

Simon.

2 Replies 2

srego4
Level 2
Level 2

IF you are running any layer 3 NMS such as HP openview, you could import the file to RME. and then go to device sync under server config and export to CM.

As for doing it direct to CM, I am not sure. But if you do not like the "right click add" business you could go to the directory on your CW server where you have installed CW and then to etc/cwsi. Go to the aniserver.prop file (make a backup as a safety precaution) and add in the devices where it says "Discovery Seed = ..."

Cheers.

That's just the info I needed; where to cut&paste a list of seeds to avoid lots of clicking.

I'll probably look to do some automation of this from Peregrine IND (MARVELLOUS product for discovery! FAR better than anything else I've seen) and then populate/seed Campus accordingly.

Thanks again

Simon.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: