Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Campus Manager / User Tracking - How do I collect hostnames, ips, etc. etc.

In Campus manager, v3.1 windows, I am collecting all my mac information but I cannot get my Hostname information or IP address information. Does this have to do with name server configs on switches, or am I missing something?

• Other Network Infrastructure Subjects
3 REPLIES

Re: Campus Manager / User Tracking - How do I collect hostnames,

I am having a similar problem.

User tracking discovers about 2600 mac addresses and associates these with port numbers OK. I have about 10 VLANs on site but only IP nodes on one VLAN are being correctly discovered. ie the IP address being shown. Where are the other VLAN's.

I'm wondering if VTP needs to be enabled as I currently don't have it enabled. I have read for the discover to work correctly it needs to be on.

BTW it is not VLAN that is being correctly discovered.

Help

Barry Hart

Ah ha.

Reading the documentation on how User tracking works sheds some light on the matter.

set ANI server to use a router as a seed device. The reason I had problems was because my MSFC2's where not supported by the version of Works I was using. CW was looking at a WAN router we had and discovered the nodes on that subnet the router was attached to.

As soon as I get the MSFC support under 3.3 of CW it will all work.

Regards

Barry Hart

I am using a 6509 with an rsm as a seed devive, what ver. should the msfc be running, i am getting the mac address' like you described.

Views
Helpful
Replies