cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Campus mgr 3.3 with idu 5.0 discrepency report for duplex incorrect

a.kent
Level 1
Level 1

I have a new install of Campus 3.3 on Solaris, its rporting some gigabit ports with duplex mistatches, but when the two devices are checked the duplex matches.

anyone else have the same problem ?

any know fixes ?

Thanks

Alan

5 Replies 5

amritpatek
Level 6
Level 6

Since Campus Manager is not dynamic. THere could be some mismatch in the database or the database is corrupt. THe Campus Manager doesn not pick up the config changes immediately. Only after re-discovery the new changes are reflected. Hence I would suggest you to re-initialise the Campus Manager database. This should solve the isse.

Thanks.

I have tried re-running the discovery cycle manually.

As its a new install, is there a "safe" way to dump the campus data and re-do it ?

Found the campus reinit.db command.

Went through that process and allowed campus to rediscover

Discrepancy report again shows some duplex miss-matches, that when we check manually are incorrect.

what does it use to check ? We've looked in the config and done a show cdp nei det to see what duplex has been negotiated.

The two devices are a

C3550-I9Q3L2-M), Version 12.1(13)EA1a,

and a WS-C6509 7.6(1)

Alan

We are having the same problem mentioned in this Topic. I have not yet found a silution. Has anybody found workarounds or information on how the discovery is performed ?

Thanks

I had same mismatch problem. I installed IDU 6, and seems to have fixed that problem.

Windows system running Common Services 2.2