This is a follow-up to my previous 'slow PAT routing on a 2621"...
After many hours of troubleshooting, I have come to the conclusion that my 2621 is not capable of fast-enough PAT routing out one of the 10Mbps interfaces in its installed NM-4E.
My previous post described the following:
A 2621 with 64/16 IOS 12.2(7b) configured to port translate from internal NAT LAN on a 10/100 to an outside NAT LAN (my high-speed cable-Internet provider). With a "correct " configuration, I found many seconds would pass before web-page data would download.
I turned PAT off on the 2621and used NAT provided with the standard DES of a Watchguard SOHO firewall. The 10BaseT port of one NM-4E connected to the Watchguard and my internal LAN connected to a 10/100 of the 2621 and provided much faster Internet data dowloading.
My last test was to remove the Watchguard and perform all PAT translating between the two internal 10/100 interfaces in the 2621. This provided VERY fast routing + subsequent data download. I was satisfied.
My question: With a maximum of 1.5Mbps download speeds from the ISP, shouldn't my 2621 be able to address translate between a NM-4E port and an internal 10/100 port fast enough not to cause a delay?
Often times complex troubleshooting issues are best addressed in an interactive session with one of our trained technical assistance engineers. While other forum users may be able to help, its often difficult to do so for this type of issue.
Question We run asr9001 with XR 6.1.3, and we have a very long delay to
login w/ SSH 1 or 2 to the device compare to IOS device. After
investigation, the there is 1s delay between the client KEXDH_INIT and
the server (XR) KEXDH_REPLY. After debug ssh serv...
Introduction The purpose of this document is to demonstrate the Open
Shortest Path First (OSPF) behavior when the V-bit (Virtual-link bit) is
present in a non-backbone area. The V-bit is signaled in Type-1 LSA only
if the router is the endpoint of one or ...
Hi, I am seeing quite a few issues with patch install and wanted to
share my experience and workaround to this. Login to admin via CLI, then
access root with the “shell” command Issue “df –h” and you’ll probably
see the following directory full or nearly ...