cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can a PIX have both an SNMP RO and RW Community string for CW2K?

colsen
Level 1
Level 1

I can only find a way to enter just a single community string on a PIX.

Problem is CiscoWorks when the PIX is in RME inventory, check device attributes, comes back with an error on the RW string, even when both are entered in.

Clues? Hints? Fix?

3 Replies 3

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

Is this RME 3.4 on Solaris?. Do an export to file and the see if the device credentials for this PIX are indeed what you have entered earlier. If they match this Check Device Attributes is showing wrong ifno. CSCds82356 is one known issue related to this.

Thanks for the reply.

We're running RME 3.4 on Win2k, sp2.

The export to file confirmed the entries I typed in are correct.

Key question: Can the PIX have BOTH a rw and ro community strings which are different? What is the PIX syntax for this?

I could only enter one community string. I suspect this is what I'm seeing as the SNMP ro comes back OK, but the RW comes back incorrect in check device attributes.

PIX can have only RO string. See the section 'snmp-server' at:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/pix/pix_62/cmdref/s.htm#1026423 for the syntax and othe details. The default is 'public' if not set.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: