Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Can cisco's isis implemention be used as routing protocols between PE and C

1.Can cisco's isis implemention be used as routing protocols between PE and CE? If yes,How can I config it?

3 REPLIES

Re: Can cisco's isis implemention be used as routing protocols b

The last word I received from Cisco was "not yet". Until then, RIPv2, EIGRP, OSPF and EIRGP are your choices for dynamic PE-CE protocols.

Gold

It's going to depend on what you mean by "can it be used between a PE and a CE..." Can it be configured, and IS-IS routes be redistributed into BGP at the PE, and then redistributed back into IS-IS at the PE on the other side of the VPN? Yes. Will the metrics be carried across the VPN correctly, and come out as internals? No.

There is, however, a draft out on this, and we should be supporting it at some point in the near future, I'd think.

Russ.W

using isis as PE-CE routing protocol requires that more than one isis processes running separately.cisco supports multiple instances isis,but every instance is NOT separate.for example,a router can operate as level-2 router only in one instance,but as level-1 router in all other instances. so,i guess,isis can not be used in a vrf environment.

Views
Helpful
Replies