Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Can configure PRI-Group to separate dialer?

Hi Gurus,

I would like to configure a separate profile on diff dialer interface, eg: interface dialer0, can i create a different dialer from pri-group timeslots 1-31 and point the routes to the PRI-Group pri interface, int s0/0:15??

thks,

rgds,

ken

3 REPLIES

Re: Can configure PRI-Group to separate dialer?

If I understand your question right, you want to have dialer0 using a certain PRI-module exclusively? To configure which ISDN lines (B-channels) will/can be used by a dialer, use the dialer-pool and dialer-pool member commands.

Regards,

Leo

Community Member

yaa..at the same time, i have figured out there is also channel-group. can this be separated from the Pri-group for the serial usage?

I will try the dialer-pool commands on the PRi module and let U know again..thanks! :)

ken

The channel-group is used to define a set of B-channels to be used as a serial interface in a channelized-E1 configuration.

With this command you can use the PRI as a bundle of serial lines with bandwidths of N x 64k. (where N is the number of B-channels in the bundle)

This is under circumstances mor cost-effective than having separate physical lines. Using this application implies that the PRI is not connected to the PSTN and cannot be not used for dialing, it's a different application.

Regards,

Leo

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content