Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i block Routing Table entries?

Please help, my company has a number of remote sites that are connected via a common service provider within an MPLS cloud.

At every remote office their LAN is connected to one of our 3745 routers, which has a fastethernet interface connected to our service providers 3745, this will then connect into the MPLS cloud.

However my team leader has noticed that we are seeing a number of routing table entries from their WAN side.

He has requested if it is at all possible for us to block these. However i am totally unsure please can anyone assist.

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Can i block Routing Table entries?

I assume it is a L3VPN. What routingprotocol do you use between the 3745 and the Service Provider? If BGP, then you can easily filter routes.

Harold Ritter
Sr. Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
harold@cisco.com
México móvil: +52 1 55 8312 4915
Cisco México
Paseo de la Reforma 222
Piso 19
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez
Ciudad de México, 06600
México

Yes i would think its a L3VPN.

Between our 3745 and the 3745 owned by the service provider we are running EIGRP in the same AS (100).

From within their own WAN i would assume they are running BGP but we have no control there.

Cisco Employee

You could filter the updates you receive from your ISP using a "distribute-list".

In the following URL, there is an example for Eigrp:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5207/products_command_reference_chapter09186a00801a807f.html#1039755

Hope this helps,

Harold Ritter
Sr. Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
harold@cisco.com
México móvil: +52 1 55 8312 4915
Cisco México
Paseo de la Reforma 222
Piso 19
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez
Ciudad de México, 06600
México