Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

Can I NAT multiple static global addresses to a single static local address

We wish to connect a number of serial interfaces to our network using NAT. To allow the various subnets (outside) to view the server host (inside) as belonging to their address space we want to NAT multiple static global addresses to a single static local address, is this possible?

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Can I NAT multiple static global addresses to a single stati

YES..you can do that..You can configure router to map internal ip address of a host/server to "external ip" address using static mapping. That way those global ip addresses can access that external ip which was statically nat'ed to internal ip. Here is the way.

Lets say you have 192.168.1.1 as internal server and have one global ip address 1.1.1.1 which is internat routable. so you need to statically map that 1.1.1.1 to 192.168.1.1 using

ip nat inside source static 192.168.1.1 1.1.1.1

Now whoever on the internet will try to access 1.1.1.1, it will be coverted to 192.168.1.1 by the router. So in other words 192.168.1.1 will be accessible via internet. You can even map specific ports as well. But make sure to have one free global ip address like 1.1.1.1.

Many people do that kind of translation to have inside web server or email server accessible over the internet. Here is the link for detail

http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/794/827spat.html

Thanks for the prompt reply but I'm not quite certain this is the solution we need. I understand how static NAT works in the scenario you provided but our problem is that we have multiple serial connections and a requirement to provide a static NAT translation from one to many (example follows..)

ip nat inside source static 192.168.1.1 1.1.1.1 (s1/1)

ip nat inside source static 192.168.1.1 2.2.2.2 (s1/2)

ip nat inside source static 192.168.1.1 3.3.3.3 (s1/3)

ip nat inside source static 192.168.1.1 4.4.4.4 (s1/4)

This would provide multiple connections to use an ip address from their address space mapping to a single destination address on the inside. Is this achievable?

Bronze

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content