cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I use a NAM like a netflow collector?

o-rodriguez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I know we can send netflow information to a NAM card from the Catalyst it is installed. Then we can analyse the infrmation it collect using, for example, nGenius.

I need to know if is it possible to send netflow information to a NAM card from one external router. And if it is possible which is the UDP port it use to listen for the netflow ?

Thanks

Octavio

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Q) Is it possible to send netflow information from an external router to a NAM card?

A) It's not currently supported, only from the local switch the NAM is in right now.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

andrea.meconi
Level 2
Level 2

Hello Octavio,

you can find some Q&A at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_qanda_item09186a00800a2c88.shtml.

If I remeber well the default port is 2055, but you can change the export port wirh the ip flow-export command.

I hope this help you.

Andrea.

Hi Andrea

I know that it is possible to configure a port to export netflow information. But do you know which one use the NAM card if you send it netflow information from an external router?

Thanks

Octavio

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

Refer to the section 'Using NetFlow Data Export as a Traffic Source' at:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat6000/cfgnotes/78_10406.htm for details on this.

Hi

I have seen that document. But that is not my question.

The document tell us how can we export netflow information to a netflow collector from a Catalyst. It is said too we can send this netflow information to the NAM installed in this Catalyst.

But my question is: is it possible to send netflow information from an external router to a NAM card? and, if it is posible, what port the NAM card use to listen for netflow?

Thanks

Octavio

Q) Is it possible to send netflow information from an external router to a NAM card?

A) It's not currently supported, only from the local switch the NAM is in right now.

Hi

Please, could you send me a link to that Q/A document ?

Thanks

Octavio

There is no such Q/A doc available for this. I just replied in a Q/A format for clarification purpose only.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: