cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can not connect with a Mac only a PC

Louiethelooper
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Mac G5 on tha LAN side and i use it as the server. The software I need to work with on the G5 is Filemaker Pro. I can access the files from the WAN side thru a DSL line and a modem/router that is provided by my ISP.

I am tring to get connected to the T1 line just installed to my office. From the T1 there is a Cisco 1700 router, that connects to a netgear swicthing hub, and from there to my office were I connect to a route. I have tried a Netgear, D-link and Linksys. I can connect to the the net and everything works fine, but I can not connect with a MAC from the WAN side, only a PC. I have connected directly to the T1 without a router and I can connect to the G5 with a MAC and a PC from the WAN side.

I have spoken with all router's tech help, and all 3 of them point to Cisco 1700. I have called my T1 provider and they said everything is open.

Yes, I have a static IP and yes we did port forwarding on all the routers.

Any ideas what I can do to the router to talk with Cisco 1700

Thankis

Looper

1 Reply 1

carenas123
Level 5
Level 5

The one that works properly is a single processor G5 (not a Dual-Core)with one network interface (built-in). The one that does NOT work is a single processor G4 laptop (the newones) with one network interface and a wireless interface (both built-in).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: