Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Can not connect with a Mac only a PC

I have a Mac G5 on tha LAN side and i use it as the server. The software I need to work with on the G5 is Filemaker Pro. I can access the files from the WAN side thru a DSL line and a modem/router that is provided by my ISP.

I am tring to get connected to the T1 line just installed to my office. From the T1 there is a Cisco 1700 router, that connects to a netgear swicthing hub, and from there to my office were I connect to a route. I have tried a Netgear, D-link and Linksys. I can connect to the the net and everything works fine, but I can not connect with a MAC from the WAN side, only a PC. I have connected directly to the T1 without a router and I can connect to the G5 with a MAC and a PC from the WAN side.

I have spoken with all router's tech help, and all 3 of them point to Cisco 1700. I have called my T1 provider and they said everything is open.

Yes, I have a static IP and yes we did port forwarding on all the routers.

Any ideas what I can do to the router to talk with Cisco 1700

Thankis

Looper

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: Can not connect with a Mac only a PC

The one that works properly is a single processor G5 (not a Dual-Core)with one network interface (built-in). The one that does NOT work is a single processor G4 laptop (the newones) with one network interface and a wireless interface (both built-in).

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content