Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Can policy routing modify the source ip address?

Hi All,

Can policy routing modify the source ip address? If I can, how can I config? thank you!!

Best Regards

Teru Lei

5 REPLIES

Re: Can policy routing modify the source ip address?

Policy routing, affects the way the packet is routed. Routing is based on destination ip address. As far as I know, Policy routing, doesnt change the source ip address.

Greetings!

No, policy routing can not change the source IP address of a Packet.

Cordially,

Anuj

Thank's all of you to reply my question. I also think so. So I can not use nat and policy routing in the same router because policy routing in nat inside interface is operate before nat. So is there any other solution to use nat and policy routing together? for example, my router is connected to 2 internet line and I want to let some traffic through a dedicate line, so I think I must use nat and policy route together. But if so, I must add a boardband router to the line that I run policy routing. now I just load balance with 2 internet lines and set the router as pppoe client. Is there any solution? Thank You!

Best Regards

Teru Lei

I don't see why you can't use NAT and Policy routing in the same router. It is true that Policy routing happens before NAT, but I guess if you have both Policry routing and NAT configured on the same interface, the packets will be NATted.

Greetings!

Here a document whis clearly explains the use of Route-Maps for Natting:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/105/nat_routemap.html

This might help you.

Cordially,

Anuj

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content