cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't access CiscoView using the Admin Role

tshzee
Level 1
Level 1

I have both CiscoWorks2000 LMS 2.0 and RWAN 1.2 running on a same W2K server. I log in CW2000 by using the default user, ID "admin", password "admin". Whenever I want to view a device in CiscoView, it prompt "Pls grant permission to use CiscoView. Quit browser and try again". Alternatively, I created another user with all roles permitted, I am still not able to see any device using CiscoView. Pls help, thanks.

6 Replies 6

c_simon
Level 1
Level 1

You have to do this:

Edit the java.policy file in your client and add this line:

grant codeBase "http://SERVERIP:1741/CSCOnm/classpath" {

permission java.security.AllPermission;

};

where SERVERIP is the Ip address of Cisco Works 2000.

Restart your browser after do this.

If isn't works, then install the cd one patch1 or upgrade your java plugin.

regards

Celeste

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

This is a known issue and there's already a Field Notice for this on CCO. You need to apply the Java Plug-in patch for CD-One which you can get from the Software Center on CCO under CW2K section.

Thanks for your reply.

Before I reported my problem, I load the patch (Cisco product update CD that shipped with CW2K software), then it upgrade my plugin from 1.3.0 to 1.3.1. From then onwards, each time I log into my CW2K server, but my browser (IE 5.5) crahes. I rebooted the machine, but my browser still crash. How can I resolve this problem?

Remove the plug-in completly. Then login to CW2K again which will install it back again. See if it works.

I uninstalled all Java plugins and completely removed the JavaSoft folder many times already. Then I restart my machine, try to log in to CW2K. It prompted to install plugin, I installed again. Then I refresh the browser, it crashes again (browser will close automatically). I upgrade my browser to IE 6, it still doesn't solve my problem. Fyi, I'm accessing CW2k from the server itself. Pls help, thanks.

tshzee
Level 1
Level 1

My problem is solved after I installed Java plugin 1.3.1_01 instead of 1.3.1

Thanks for those who try to help :)