cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't Access router via console after misconfreg

rhiez
Level 1
Level 1

I have cisco router 2621XM, I got problem to access router via console on my laptop. Before, when I want to recovery password, I wrote "confreg 0x21042" on rommon mode whereas I should write "confreg 0x2142". Since that, my router can't access via console.

Could you give me clue about that..?? what should I do ..??

thank's for advance.

regards,

..:: rhiez ::..

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

I feel u need to have the jumper to short them up otherwise i wont suggest to fiddle around with something else.

I remember that standard Jumper comes in HDD or FDD of ur PC which i feel mite help u out in shorting this pins.

But again if ur not sure about that then pls stay away from doing so..

regds

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The first thing to try is different speeds on your terminal emulator 2400,4800,9600,19200 etc..

alo glen,

thank's for your reply. I've tried to setting speed in 4800 and 9600 on my hyperterminal, the result is unidentified character likes : " CCCCCC ".

Could you give me a clue..?

thank's

..::rhiez::..

Hi

since you have configured up with 21042 which i dont think is a valid config-register value you still got a dim chance of recovering using baud reset method.

the below link talks about the same...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps259/products_tech_note09186a008009433b.shtml#band_reset

This links basically talks about the various config reg values and the impact as well as the speed settings reqd to access when u got them in place in the router config..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5854/prod_configuration_guide09186a00802c35d2.html#wp35610

regds

alo mr. sprem,

thanks for your info. I have opened router box and I have seen J3 with 3 pin and J4 with 2 pin, but there is no jumper which sampled by documentation. How can I shunt-short jumper J3..??

for info, my router is 2621XM series.

thank's

Hi

I feel u need to have the jumper to short them up otherwise i wont suggest to fiddle around with something else.

I remember that standard Jumper comes in HDD or FDD of ur PC which i feel mite help u out in shorting this pins.

But again if ur not sure about that then pls stay away from doing so..

regds

thanks mr.kumar,

my router has worked normally and once again, thank's for your clue.

regards,