Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

can't ping 761

We have a Cisco 761 ISDN router which has been working fine for office internet access. A new PC was recently added to the network and is unable to connect to the router. All the existing machines (about 15 of them) can ping the router (on 10.0.0.1) but the new one cannot. There is only one hub in the network and the router. I have tried swapping the cable from one of the machines that can ping the router to the new one but it makes no difference. The new PC is not running a firewall of any kind and can ping all other machines on the network and receives a reply, and can run apps from the server on the network fine. When the new machine pings the router it gets a "request timed out". I tried lengthening the ping timeout to 10 seconds to no avail. I assumed it was a problem with the network card in the PC so replaced it, again to no avail. I then got a new laptop as well and that does the same thing. It makes no difference if the IP addresses of the client machines are assigned by the NT server DHCP (as all the other PCs) or fixed. Is there a maximum number of users the router will allow or is this a known issue ?

2 REPLIES

Re: can't ping 761

Is there any kind of access list enabled on 10.0.0.1? Have you tried to 'debug ip icmp'?

Re: can't ping 761

no there are no access lists, having reset the router 3-4 times and no effect, i was supprised when i power cycled it again and all was well. ??

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content