cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't turn on ISIS

abbas.ali
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2610 router running IOS c2600-ik2s-mz.121-19.bin (IP PLUS) and 4500 router running IOS c4500-is-mz.113-11a.bin (IP PLUS). Both of them won't let me turn on ISIS. When i run the command "ROUTER then ? there will be an option for ISIS that tells me that the IOSs do support ISIS. It takes the command, but it will not move to the next level (Config-router), it stays on the the same mode (Config).

any idea?

Thanks,

4 Replies 4

jhalldn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

The IP Plus feature set for 4500 and 2600 doesnt support ISIS.

You must run at least enterprise or provider feature set.

The IP plus have the command, but it will not take effect:

I guess that some of the feature sets have the same code base and the CLI is the same. BUT, the feature is not implemented.

Change to another feature set and it will work.

In 4500, I only have 20MB of RAM and 8MB of Flash and 2610, I have 48MB of RAM and 8MB of Flash. What IOS version I can run in 12.1 series to support IP/RIP/EIGRP/OSPF/BGP with ISIS and DLSW Feature Sets.

Thanks.

Hi again,

Your routers cant place a 12.1 enterprise or provider code on 8 MB flash or run thoose images on 20 MB RAM. 48 RAM isnt any probs.

You will need at least 16 MB Flash when running 12.1.

12.0 can handle 8 MB Flash, but 20 RAM isnt gonna work for you.

Upgrade your memory if you gonna run 12.1/0 Enterprise or Provider.

Sorry!

mehmoodsajid
Level 1
Level 1

hi

For IS-IS first uprade your Router IOS to new ver and after

first on config mode

R1(config)#clns routing

R1(config)#router isis

R1(conft)#net xx.xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.xx

R1(conft-int)#ip router isis

Regards,

Mehmood Sajid

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco