Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Can VPN software direct specific users to specific VLANS?

We plan to implement VLAN's as part of our overall security model. Can Cisco VPN software (PICS or 3015) direct user traffic to specific VLAN's based on their authentication? I want to ensure that remote users have access to the SAME devices as when connecting internally. Please advise. Thanks.

2 REPLIES

Re: Can VPN software direct specific users to specific VLANS?

do you mean that you wish to have different access levels for different remote user groups?

Re: Can VPN software direct specific users to specific VLANS?

Yes. I understand that 'group' security is administered in the same fashion that groups are handled in our active directory environment. If our network consists of 3 separate/distinct VLANS (networks), am I able to maintain this level of security by attaching a VPN device to our backbone? (ie. If an internal user has access to the resources on one of the VLAN's, will that same user have identical access to resources when connecting remotely via PICS or 3015 (VPN)?) Can I limit that remote users traffic to the resources on his pre-determined 'home' VLAN? While at the same time, limiting other connected remote users to their pre-determined VLAN's?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content