cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cannot connect to ANI server

boonteongng
Level 1
Level 1

when I tried to launch any of the swoftware under campus manager , I received error : cannot connect to ANI server.

I check the process management. The ANI status is running but busy flag set. Any idea ?

6 Replies 6

lgijssel
Level 9
Level 9

It is not unusual for the ANI-server to run with Busy Flag set.

When it has worked before, then I suggest you should try restarting the service deamon cwdmgtrd or something like that. (I do not exactly remember the process name)

If this is a new installation, make sure DNS is up & running and let it run for about fifteen mins before trying again.

miacalla
Level 1
Level 1

Also, make sure you are not accessing Cisco Works via the loopback address. Even if access it via the server itself use its actual IP.

I am having the same problem as the original poster. The latest I heard from TAC is that Cisco Works2000 is not supported on Advance Server. Seems lame to me given that the only module that is not working is Campus Manager.

I reinstalled CM and the JRE without any luck.

You can clearly see the errors in the ANI Server logfile.

mark.mirrotto
Level 1
Level 1

This installation wouldn't happen to have dual NICs in it, does it? I ran into this issue with an installation a few weeks ago. Make sure the ANI server is running on the same IP address as the other apps.

It turns out that the version of Java was contributing to my problem.

I uninstalled the java that I was running and went to java 1.3.1.

Here is the link to download JRE 1.3.1 :

<http://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/java>

I also installed CD One, 4th edition, install Patch 1 containing the Java plug-in 1.3.1

I am working fine now.

If you have 2 NIC installed in the server and you access from a browser in the server, try using the host actual IP address instead of 127.0.0.1.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: