Helpful
Replies

Cannot connect to database.

keyurd
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Cisco Works RME on Solaris.

Suddenly when i log in to RME , I am not able to see my devices .Under process failure it says essentialsdbmonitor not running.

When i run the self test it gives the output that cannot connect to databse.

Help need urgently.

Regards,

Keyur.

7 Replies 7

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

Try doing the following as root: /etc/init.d/dmgtd stop, wait for a few seconds and then do a /etc/init.d/dmgtd start to see if it helps.

Thanks for your help.

I have done the process you mentioned but its not working.

Under process status it shows me all the process are running but EssentialsDBmonitor status it says that the administrator has shut down the process.

When i try to start that service manually it says that the essentialsdbmonitor cannot connect to essentials database.please contact your system administrator.

I have checked that the dbserver process is running normally.

any further help needed for the same.

Thanks,

Keyur.

The option to try if you have a good backup of the db is to re-initialize the db.

Hi,

Can you guide how can i reinitialize the DB.Do you mean to say restore from the recent backup or something else.

Regards,

Keyur

Reinitializing would result in loss of data, if you do not have a good backup, contact TAC for further help rather than doing a re-init of the db.

Hi Mushtaq,

I have RME 2.0 on solaris and the reference document you have sent is about RME 3.3 and 3.4 database.In RME 2.0 i dint find any directory called database which it syas in the document.I dont mind if the data is lost,but i want to avoid reinstalling RME.

Regards,

Keyur.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: