Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

Cannot load Flash

My 2600 powers on in a continuous boot loop with the following error:

open: file "n" not found

open(): Open Error = -1

loadprog: error - on file open

boot: cannot load "flash:n"

I can only get it back on-line by going to ROMMON and typing in the following command:

rommon 2 > boot flash:c2600-bin-mz.122-15.T5

I have removed all the modules, the config-register is set correctly and I have also purchased a new flash card; with no change.

I would be grateful for any advice provide to resolve this issue.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES

Re: Cannot load Flash

Check your running config, it sounds like there is a 'boot system flash:n' command in there. This command tells it to load a file called n from flash. Take the command out by going into config t and typing command with no in front of it.

After all boot system flash commands are gone, do a write mem and reload and the router should boot up off the image on the flash. You can also put the boot system flash command in pointing to a correct image on the flash if you have multiple images on the flash, or just want to.

Erick

Erick,

Config does not have a boot command. The router only has one image on the flash.

Thats interesting.

Does this happen on soft reloads, hard reboots or both?

Newer release of IOS to. Did a search and didn't find any known bugs.

Try doing a 'write erase' to clear out the NVRAM in case something may be there causing problems, then a 'write mem' or 'copy run start' to put running-config back to the fresh NVRAM and reboot and see what happens.

Silver

Why not try to include your magic boot command in the config file. i.e.

boot flash:c2600-bin-mz.122-15.T5

It might be finding it hard to to see the file as the first image in the flash.

This happens on both type of reboots.

On initial troubleshooting I tried the write erase and also adding the a boot statement to the config. Can you set any boot parameters in ROMMON?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content