cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot open DFM Monitoring Console

wattsmo
Level 1
Level 1

We recently swapped out our CW server with a new install, and since then we are unable to launch the DFM console. The error in the Java console is:

The classname is com.smarts.monitoring.SmMonitoringApp

You are not authorized to run the requested application!

any ideas?

7 Replies 7

steve.busby
Level 5
Level 5

Usually when I run into java errors, I uninstall java and remove all java directories in \Documents and Settings\username\.java & .jpi_cache, then hit CW2K again to let it reload java and all the jar files.

Martin Ermel
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

is the dfm attached to the domain?;

I hope even with that failure you get the console with the menu...

If yes, try this:

Administration Console -> Domain -> attach

in the dialog box (if nothing is inside) enter:

IP-Address_of_your_Server:9002

As Domain enter: DFM

after that you should get the console.

Martin

Unfortunately, i don't get the console at all. It hangs at a grey screen.

Thank you both for your suggestions.

Do you have problems with other CW Applications as well (such as Campus Manager - Topology View - Display View)?;

On which platform is CiscoWorks running? Which Version do you have , any IDU installed ?

campus manager is not working either, it cannot conect to the ANI server.

we are running on windows 2000, LMS 2.0 (i think)...

common services 2.2

dfm 1.2

rme 3.5

campus manager 3.3 (idu 5.0)

you are running LMS 2.2 and and for me it also seems to be Java related as Steve mentioned before. On your server uninstall *ALL* Java Versions being currently installed. Clear the cache of your Browser and then close all open Browser sessions. Reopen your Browser and try to acces CW again. Try open Campus Manager. The correct Java should be prompted to be installed. After installing it you will be prompted for the certification, choose grant always and DFM and Campus should work.

If not, check your Browsers VM by typing "jview" in a DOS box. Version 5.00.3802 and higher are supported.

wattsmo
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks everyone for your help, I figured out the problem. I set the java plug in to not use a proxy, and it is working fine.

thanks again

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: