Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot ping Router after booting into Rom version 11.0

smebbin
Level 1
Level 1

Here is the deal.

I have a home lab. I wanted to upgrade my IOS version to 12.1.19 (I beleive thats whhat it was) and I tried to load the new IOS image and hosed my router. The old flash (12.0.X) was no longer available do to my stupidity and now I am stuck with the ROM version (11.0.X). So, I have been desperately trying to TFTP a new image onto the router to no avail. I can ping the router from a workstation but I can't ping from the router! After pinging the router from the workstation I can "Sh arp" and see the MAC of the workstation and its IP. They are both on the same network and subnetted properly. Essentially I am trying to get the Two devices to communicate so I can push the new image out to the router. Any ideas on why they aren't talking?

I have tried:

Enabling RARP Server

Enabling Proxy Arp

Enabling Proxy Probe

Enabling UDP Small Servers

Enabling Redirects

and just about anything elese I could... No go.

Any ideas would be appreciate.

Thanks,

Brandon

4 Replies 4

smebbin
Level 1
Level 1

I meant, "Can't ping FROM router". I CAN ping to the router from my workstation and recieve a reply. Sorry for the mess up.

Brandon

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/770/fn6210_08231999.shtml

I found the description of the problem! Let me try this and I will let the forum know...

Brandon

Are you in Rxboot mode ?

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

brocknathan
Level 4
Level 4

Just push the file down using hyperterminal. I beleive it's called X modem. You will half to go to ROMON to get it done. Cisco has a page on it some where.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: