Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot ping Router after booting into Rom version 11.0

smebbin
Level 1
Level 1

Here is the deal.

I have a home lab. I wanted to upgrade my IOS version to 12.1.19 (I beleive thats whhat it was) and I tried to load the new IOS image and hosed my router. The old flash (12.0.X) was no longer available do to my stupidity and now I am stuck with the ROM version (11.0.X). So, I have been desperately trying to TFTP a new image onto the router to no avail. I can ping the router from a workstation but I can't ping from the router! After pinging the router from the workstation I can "Sh arp" and see the MAC of the workstation and its IP. They are both on the same network and subnetted properly. Essentially I am trying to get the Two devices to communicate so I can push the new image out to the router. Any ideas on why they aren't talking?

I have tried:

Enabling RARP Server

Enabling Proxy Arp

Enabling Proxy Probe

Enabling UDP Small Servers

Enabling Redirects

and just about anything elese I could... No go.

Any ideas would be appreciate.

Thanks,

Brandon

4 Replies 4

smebbin
Level 1
Level 1

I meant, "Can't ping FROM router". I CAN ping to the router from my workstation and recieve a reply. Sorry for the mess up.

Brandon

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/770/fn6210_08231999.shtml

I found the description of the problem! Let me try this and I will let the forum know...

Brandon

Are you in Rxboot mode ?

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

brocknathan
Level 4
Level 4

Just push the file down using hyperterminal. I beleive it's called X modem. You will half to go to ROMON to get it done. Cisco has a page on it some where.