cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot telnet to router using IP of serial interface

worapojr
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone help me? The problem is I have 7 routers connected via leased line and I cannot use any IP of serial interface (every router) for telnet into the router from any PC, but if I use IP of ethernet interface for telnet session then it's ok. I used ping and traceroute command to reach any IP of serial interface, the result is ok and I didn't implement any access-list on router yet. The weird thing is that from switch or router I can telnet to any router by using IP of serial interface. Please suggest.

Thanks and Regards,

Worapoj R.

4 Replies 4

ramesh.krishnan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Can you please tell me whether u use any firewall or proxy server for these PCs.

RK

pwwiddicombe
Level 4
Level 4

What subnets are the serial and Ethernet interfaces in? If the interfaces aren't in the routing protocol you may not find everything... From

"sh ip route" see if ALL the serial networks are defined on all routers.

michaeljmorris
Level 1
Level 1

Are the IP addresses on the Serial interfaces being advertised by your IGP? Sometimes people use private IP addresses for serial links and forget to add the advertisement to their configuration.

Michael J. Morris

me@michael-j-morris.com

www.michael-j-morris.com

MCSE, MCP+I, CCNA

worapojr
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you very much for all your reply, I just come back from abroad. I think that the problem may came from Proxy Server coz proxy guy didn't add the network of router's serial interface into the table. Anyway, it works right now :-)

Thanks & Regards,

Worapoj R.