Views
Helpful
Replies

Cat 3550-12G

ksimsimon
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Folks,

i have one question about the 3550 and HSRP Groups.Today we have a limit of 16 HSRP-Groups with the 12.1.13 software.Now my question:

is this limitation fixed in a new software (EMI-Image IP)?

Thanks for your help.

regards

Klaus

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

This is only a limitation if you need to use different group numbers. Unless you have bridging enabled between your VLAN's or you are using non-Cisco switches as access-layer devices that have a single CAM table for all VLAN's instead of a CAM table per VLAN, there shouldn't be a problem re-using standby group numbers.

i.e.

interface vlan 10

standby 10

!

interface vlan 20

standby 10

!

interface vlan 30

standby 10

!

etc.

HTH

Andy

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Prashanth Krishnappa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

thank you very much for your fast answer :-)

regards

Klaus

This is only a limitation if you need to use different group numbers. Unless you have bridging enabled between your VLAN's or you are using non-Cisco switches as access-layer devices that have a single CAM table for all VLAN's instead of a CAM table per VLAN, there shouldn't be a problem re-using standby group numbers.

i.e.

interface vlan 10

standby 10

!

interface vlan 20

standby 10

!

interface vlan 30

standby 10

!

etc.

HTH

Andy

Hi Andy,

this was the problem i need different groups for HSRP and we have 14 different groups and we need 4 more.So i will change the user switches HSRP to the default standby groups and the firewall HSRP to different groupnumbers.

Thank you very much for your help

regards

Klaus

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: