cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

Cat 3550: Status internal PS

Hi,

I have a strange behaviour with one of our Catalyst 3550-48-EMI switches. The switch is connected to the AC power as well as to an RPS-300. When we check the environment status (show env all), the internal PS status is shown as faulty when the RPS is connected. When the RPS is disconnected, the internal PS status is OK (the switch runs without any problems, also when only the internal power supply in use). I've already replaced the switch and made an IOS upgrade to 12.1(14)EA1, but nothing changed. Also replacing the RPS-300 and the RPS cable didn't solved the problem.

Any help or hints to this problem are very welcome. Thank's.

Daniel Ruch

2 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: Cat 3550: Status internal PS

I am just wondering if the output shown by the command is to be interpreted differently than what you expect. I guess you must have followed the instructions to connect the RPS as required. Otherwise, you can take a look here :

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/c3550/12114ea1/3550hig/35overvu.htm

Re: Cat 3550: Status internal PS

We have 8 switches in use, 7 are showing the expected result (internal PS is OK). All of them are connected the same way to the AC and RPS. I have really no idea what causes the one to detect the internal PS as faulty.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content