Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cat 3560 ACL counters empty

I frequently configure QoS on cat switches. On the 3560 (Standard ipbase image)I configure ACL's to define interesting traffic, then apply these to class/policy maps for marking CoS and DSCP.

From a router connected to the Cat 3560 switch, I see the marks as soon as "mls qos" is enabled on the switch. However, the switch itself shows zero statistics with the following commands: "show ip access-list" and "show policy-map". If I disable "mls qos" on the switch, then the connected router sees no more marks, so I know the switch is doing something. This occurs regardless of whether I have "ip routing" enabled or disabled on the 3560. The image is 12.2(25)SED. This happens on all 3560's that I have configured. Is this a bug, an IOS oversight, or do I need the Enterprise image? I cannot find any related issues or docs related to this in CCO. Thank you.

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Cat 3560 ACL counters empty

"show ip access-lists" does not account for packets that are access controlled in hardware. Use the "show access-lists hardware counters" instead.

Also, "sh policy-map" command is not supported in 3560/3750 switches. Use "sh mls qos int x/y statistics" instead.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content