Views
Helpful
Replies

Cat 5500 switch

dong-lee
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is there any CatOS command that I can use to read input and output traffic?? I have Cat 5500 switch with CatOS version 5.5(11), but I couldn't find a single command that read input and outport traffic on a single port.

Also, does any one know SNMP mib number to pull port traffic information if there is any way to do it?

Thank you

Dong

7 Replies 7

peterbe
Level 1
Level 1

Have you looked at the 'show port' commands. The 'show port mac module/port' may help. If you are looking for something similar to 'show interface' from an IOS router, you are out of luck.

Peter

Hi,

Thanks for your replay. Yeah, I'm aware of those commands but they aren't really what I'm looking for. I'm trying to get IN/OUT bandwidth per port something like "show interface". I guess I'm pretty much out of luck getting it.

Do you know if Cisco implement these command on lastest CatOS??

Thank you

Dong

Sorry, I have not used any of CatOS version 6 (old 5.5) so don't know. Sounds like snmp might be worth trying. CiscoWorks can graph link utilisation but not sure what mib it uses.

you can use the "show top report" - although this is not excatly what you're looking for, it could be useful.

Hi,

This command is useful, although, I don't think I can pull the out the information with snmp MIB. :) Thank you.

Oh, It didn't get the information on all of the ports when I ran the "show top background" command. Is this command limited to certain number of ports that it can scan?? It only scanned about 20 ports out of a little over 70.

Thanks again

Dong

paul
Level 1
Level 1

CLI

show mac mod/port

show port counters

show counters mod/port

SNMP

RFC2233

ifInOctets,ifOutOctets

ifHInOctets, ifHOutOctets for high-speed intf

RMON-MIB (RFC1757)

etherStatsTable

dot3-MIB (RFC 2358)

dot3Table

CISCO-STACK-MIB

Paul

Thanks for your comment, Pual... :)

But these commands are just a counter. I was looking for a snap-shot of port traffic(like "show inter Sx/x" give you 30second input/out rate).

Thanks again

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco