Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cat. 6509 Error Disable Problems

I have multipul 6509's at my access layer. I am currently experiancing ports going error disabled due to late collisions. My connections to my devices are 100/full. My concern is that I have just had a 100/Half connected device go error disable with late collisions. The threshold is the Default of 5 but, the counters registered only 3 late collisions when it went error disabled. This seems like there is a problem with the switch. Does anyone know if there is a IOS Bug fix for this sensitivity problem?

Here is my switch information:

WS-C6509 Software, Version NmpSW: 5.4(3)

Copyright (c) 1995-2000 by Cisco Systems

NMP S/W compiled on May 31 2000, 20:17:28

System Bootstrap Version: 5.3(1)

System Web Interface Version: Engine: 5.1 ADP device: Cat6000 ADP Version: 1.2 A

DK: 31

Hardware Version: 2.0 Model: WS-C6509 Serial #: SCA042101MA

2 REPLIES

Re: Cat. 6509 Error Disable Problems

here is a good document on the errdisable. i had the same problem on a cat 6513 running 7.3(1). and it came out a bad cable on one and duplex mismatch on others. so it can be a bad cable also.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/473/20.html

Re: Cat. 6509 Error Disable Problems

Thank You for the information, I will be reading this tonight. I agree with the duplex mismatch causing the issue but, Looking at the device and looking at the switch port, the both match but, I have not ruled out that some one is not telling the truth. My concern is that I expected to see the error counter at 5 or greater and not less.....

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content