Views
Helpful
Replies

cat 6509 - sup1

rakesh.shah
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have cat 6509 with redundent power supply and two sup1 modules WS-X6K-SUP1A-2GE.

When one of my power supply went down, the switch stopped functing although it was still powered up with other power supply. Looking at console, everything looked fine - all modules were 'ok' and other sup module in 'standby'. But still it was not able to communicate to its MSFC. It remained in the same status even after rebooting for couple of times.

It only started funtioning after I reset (hard reset) the supervisor module. During the time it restarted, the standby sup module become 'active' and switch started working.

I will be working more on this duing my scheudle down time next.

I want to know, is it just simple as that the primary sup. module has failed OR there is some command to 'activate' the module in such situations... It is more confusing as during power up or otherwise there is no console error displayed and every thing shows in 'ok; status... (during all the time, other switch modukes were UP and working)

1 Reply 1

vmoopeung
Level 5
Level 5

#sh module

can show which all modules are powered now .

if some module is down, u can power it up manually by

(config) # power enable module

You can use other options like

redundancy

enable

cycle

(config) # power redundancy redundant

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat6000/ios127xe/cmdref/p1.htm#xtocid245433