cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cat1900 MIB to enable/disable ports

jjiles
Level 1
Level 1

WHich is the Cisco MIB that would allow me to enable/disable ports in a Cat1900 running Enterprise edition software Version 9.00.06?

I'm not familiar with this type of switch and the MIBS I have downloaded so far are not able to do it.

We have the need to create some kind of application that will allow clients to enable/disable ports.

Thanks for any information.

5 Replies 5

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

How about ifAdminStatus from RFC1213-MIB ?

That would probably do it. Is this the same OID that CiscoView uses to enable/disable ports?

Is RFC1213 UP/DOWN same as Cisco View enable/disable?

I tought that maybe CiscoView uses Cisco private MIBS to execute these operations.

Just for standard purposes, so all the scripts use the same OIDs.

Thanks.

You can turn in debugs in CV and then disable/enable a o port to see exactly what MIBs CV is using for this.

On the same topic, is there a cisco mib that would display the port description on the Cat1900?

We assign description names to the ports on the switches and would like to be able to snmp query the port description.

on the Cat400/5000 the following oid displays the interface dewscription.

.iso.org.dod.internet.private.enterprises.cisco.workgroup.ciscoStackMIB.portGrp.portTable.portEntry.portName

The above oid doesn't seem to be supported by the Cat1900.

Is there any way to get this information???

Thanks for any information.

portName is from the CISCO-STACK-MIB which is not supported by Cat1900

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: