Views
Helpful
Replies

Cat1900 Standard to Enterprise

M.Ferland
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm currently planning on upgrading all of my Cat1900 switches to the 9.00.06 Enterprise version firmware. I've made a couple of test using ciscoworks2000 and I always get the following error :

Device cannot be connected via SNMP/Telnet. Skipping the software upgrade on this device.

Error Info Code: '4019'

Message: 'Device Error: Telnet error in connecting to the device.'

Action/Reason: 'Cannot connect to device 10.1.0.8 .

Probable Cause: Invalid access information in the inventory.

Recommended Action: Verify passwords and username

information in the inventory, then retry the operation.'

Device has been unlocked from exclusive access.

Image Upgrade Failed

I discovered that when upgrading from a Enterprise edition, everything works fine.. but when upgrading from a standard edition.. I get the error message listed above.

9.00.04EN --> 9.00.06EN OK!

9.00.04A --> 9.00.06EN ERROR!

Is there a tweak to be done in CW2000 for this upgrade to work correctly on standard edition switches???

Thx!

2 Replies 2

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I'm not sure but I don't believe that you can go from standard to enterprise , there are either hardware or firmware differences between the two .

Hello,

I think you need the upgrade kit for this, I found the following Q&A on CCO. You might want to check with your reseller/supplier to find out if the kit is still available, since the 1900 switches are EOL/EOS.

Q. Is it possible to do a software upgrade from the Standard Edition to the Enterprise Edition?

A. Yes. The Enterprise Edition software upgrade kit provides a migration path, allowing customers to easily upgrade to the Enterprise Edition level of functionality.

Q. Is the Enterprise Edition Upgrade kit available now? What is the list price?

A. The Enterprise Edition Upgrade kit is available now, Cisco part number WS-C19/28EEUG. Refer to the Catalyst 1900/2820 Ordering Information for pricing.

Regards,

GP

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: