Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

cat2950 processor usage

hello friends,

Recently I noticed that the catalyst 2950G-48-EI with version c2950-i6k2l2q4-mz.121-22.EA4 had a process that was getting all the time 10% of the processor

I upgraded the ios to ver c2950-i6k2l2q4-tar.121-22.EA8a. the problem remains the same.the output of the sh proc cpu command is:

Any idea about that? the process name if you notice is

21 113136 26971 4194 9.50% 9.58% 8.50% 0 Calhoun LED Proc

I dont knw what it does do this process. beside this proces doesnot use memory. any help please?

3 REPLIES

Re: cat2950 processor usage

This should be normal. Calhoun LED Process: decoded means that this switch has the Calhoun board, (this is the internal name for the board) and that the processor is running at x%. LED is referring to the actual LED's on and in the switch.

It is the process that controlls the LED on the switch. Tha normal operation of the switch

is 20-40% with no load (processes i.e.). The LED processors are usually between 8 and 20% even in a no load situation.

Please rate helpful posts.

bosalaza

Thanks very much for the reply. but the problem is elsewhere, the web interface for the device manager is very,very slow and my idea was that the proces that was slowing was that that I was describing in the post for the processor usage. Any Idea about that.

Regards

That might have to do with the CNA, if that is what you are using for web interface. Is the CLI slow too? What about the performance of the switch, any device connected to it having performance issue? The whole point is try to isolate the issue, if the web interface is slow in reacting and cpu utilizarion is normal then it's not the processor that is lagging and might be related to the web interface or the PC itself.

Please rate helpful posts.

Views
Helpful
Replies