Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cat3500xl default Vlan IP connectivity

I wiped an old config.text file out and started from scratch with a new setup. Setup an IP and verified VLAN1 had that address. I am now only intermittently able to ping the address. Is there any other files or settings that may be lingering that stick around after a factory reset or new config?

• Other Network Infrastructure Subjects
1 REPLY

Re: Cat3500xl default Vlan IP connectivity

The only other thing that would still be on the switch after a 'wr erase' would be the vlan database file, since on the 3500xl platform you had to do all the vlan configs from 'vlan database' mode. However, I don't see how that would interfere with layer3 connectivity to your switches vlan1 SVI.

Where are you trying to ping the vlan1 SVI from? The same switch from a PC connected to a vlan1 interface, or have you trunked this 3500xl to another switch and are trying to ping it from there?

Where ever you are trying to ping the vlan1 SVI from, I would issue the 'sh int ' and check to see if you have any CRC, FCS, or other errors. Do your logs on the 3500xl have anything in them?

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.