Views
Helpful
Replies

Cat3750 per interface queue statistics

ewaizel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there

I know each interfaces has 4 outgoing queues and one can be configured to have the highest priority.

So far I have not seen a command or way to know exactly how many packets/bytes are being forwarded through each queue in each interface.

(i.e. show mls qos ....)

Any ideas?

Even more: any SNMP MIBs you may know?

I know we can see counters for different DSCP values and we can also see mappings between DSCP and outgoing queues (which are not very clear to me). Is there something that clearly shows which traffic is really using the high priority queue and which is not?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

I have asked the same question before and the only answer I came up with is to use a bit of maths....

You should know what CoS & DSCP Values map to what egress queues (show mls qos maps) and you can display the number of packets (or bytes) of each DSCP & CoS value are sent on an interface (show mls qos statistics). You can also show how many packets have been transmitted on an interface (show interface). If you take all three outputs and then work the maths out...

I have never found any other way of doing this, if there is I would be really gratful of the knowledge.

HTH

Andy

Thanks for the reply.. but on my 6509 with ios 12.2(17d)SXB10, theres no option for stats - only one is for stats export.. why is that ?? How to get stats ??

to0#sho mls qos ?

aggregate-policer aggregate-policer keyword

ip ip keyword

last last keyword

mac mac keyword

maps maps keyword

module show entries in module

mpls mpls keyword

protocol protocol passthrough information

statistics-export QOS Statistics export

| Output modifiers